We prefer e-queries. Please mention ‘query‘ in the subject line, and do not include attachments.
Send e-queries to contact @ lindaroghaar.com. If we are interested, we will usually respond within twelve weeks. We are unable to respond to e-queries unless we are interested in pursuing.
Queries by mail
Please submit a query letter with a brief description of your project and a SASE (self addressed stamped envelope) for a reply.
Queries are generally answered in 8-12 weeks. We are able to respond only to queries that include a SASE.
If we request more material, please keep the following in mind:
- Submit a clean, easy to use package. Give clear instructions about what you’d like done with the material you submit: either provide a SASE (self addressed stamped envelope) for return of the material, or instructions to discard the material and return a response. Either way, a SASE is virtually the only way you’ll get an answer to your mail query. We can’t be responsible for saving, storing or returning any materials not accompanied by a SASE.
- Don’t call to be sure the package has been received. If you really must know, include a SAS postcard to be returned upon receipt.
- Be patient. Responses can take up to three months, sometimes even longer.
- We consider every manuscript carefully and respond as quickly as possible.
- Don’t take rejection personally. More often than not a rejection is not about your writing; rather it’s that you’ve gotten it to the wrong person at the wrong time. Look at the package critically and send it out to another.
Send mail queries to:
Linda Roghaar Literary Agency LLC
PO Box 3561
Amherst, MA 01004